- Lightweight, waterproof and vapor-resistant
- Offers a wide variety of applications, including those that are exposed to high moisture
- Exceptional bonding strength due to manufactured composition
Sizes: 3′ x 5′ x 0.5″
Coverage: 15 sq. ft.
- Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves
- All surfaces must be structurally sound and free of contaminants before
- Refrain from using if rain or moisture is expected within 24 hours of application
- Store flat and in a dry location; protect from direct sunlight
Steps to Install Backer Board
- Surfaces should be dry and free of adhesives, paint, wax, dirt, grease and any other foreign materials that may inhibit bonding.
- Position backer board on the wall; use shims to raise the board 1/4″ from the base of the shower pan
to help prevent water from seeping into the thinset. Take accurate measurements of plumbing fixtures and transfer
them to backer board to get desired cuts.
- Secure the board with provided screws and washers. Tape all seams with fiberglass mesh tape.
- Flat trowel modified thinset over mesh tape.
- Check to make sure you achieve full coverage. Allow 24 hours for thinset to cure.
- Screws and Washers
- Pro-Shield I/O Corners
- Pro-Shield Shower Curb
- Pro-Shield Shower Pan
- Pro-Shield Board
- Pro-Shield Center Drain
- Pro-Shield Pipe Collar 3/4″
- Pro-Shield Mix Valve Collar 4 1/2″
- Seal Tape